If you are interested in your acid reflux surgery options, Maryland Bariatrics is able to walk you through it all.
What Is Acid Reflux?
Acid reflux occurs when your stomach acids have leaked back in to your esophagus.
This can often cause heartburn and other uncomfortable symptoms.
What Is GERD?
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is the name for someone suffering from chronic acid reflux.
Over the Counter Treatments
Many patients are able to relive GERD through diet and lifestyle changes.
Additionally, many patients take over the counter and prescription medications such as antacids, H2 blockers and PPIs.
When to Consider Surgery
If you GERD complications have become severe and unaffected by over the counter and prescription medications it may be time to consider surgery.
Acid Reflux Surgery Options
There are a few surgical options you have when it comes to eliminating your discomfort caused by chronic aces reflux.
- Fundoplication– This is the standard treatment which reinforced the LES
- Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication– This procedure creates a barrier to separate the stomach from the esophagus.
- Strata Procedure– This procedure is performed with an endoscope where a tube is placed in your esophagus to block the nerves which respond to acid reflux.
- Bard End Cinch System– This procedure uses an endoscope to form stitches in the LES.
- LINX Surgery– This procedure uses a small beaded rind to strengthen the sphincter and prevent acid reflux.
Acid Reflux Surgery at Maryland Bariatrics
If you are tired of living with chronic acid reflux and are considering your options, the professionals at Maryland Bariatrics are here to help.
Our team of board certified professionals and staff are available to answer all of your questions in order to determine the best treatment plan for your individual needs.