Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and for many weight loss surgery patients, the holidays in Maryland can impact the food choices you make.
Whether you are trying to make healthier choices after the holidays, or are attempting to continue on a healthy track, we are here to help.
Below are some tips to help you make healthy food choices during this time.
Healthy Food Swaps
Certain food and beverage options have become synonymous with celebrations.
Because of this, we have developed some healthier options to substitute for their less healthy counterparts.
For example, try swapping out sparkling water for champagne, and cauliflower mash for mashed potatoes.
Additional good substitutes include green beans with lemon and salt instead of green bean casserole or pecan stuffed dates instead of pecan pie for a yummy dessert!
Eating Tips After Surgery
Weight loss surgery is a big deal and requires a commitment to healthy eating to protect your results.
Below are some tools to navigate holiday traditions while staying healthy.
- Stick to your eating patterns and don’t be tempted to add additional meals or treats.
- Don’t deviate from your healthy meal prep- stay focused on prioritizing protein intake and stay mindful of portion sizes.
- Prepare for holiday parties by offering to bring a healthy dish so that you can stay committed to your healthy journey.
- Stay committed to drinking plenty of water each day.
- Avoid alcohol intake to protect your weight loss progress.
What to Do If You Slip
The most important thing to remember during any holiday or special event is to give yourself grace when you make less than healthy choices.
If you do happen to overindulge, forgive yourself and recommit to healthy lifestyle choices.
There is always time to recommit to healthy options to enhance your weight loss journey.
Weight Loss Surgery Holidays Maryland Choices
If you are interested in investing in your health, Maryland Bariatrics is here for you.
Call us today to speak with one of our weight loss professionals, (301)965-0546.